RE: [opensuse-buildservice] brp-python-bytecompile not being invoked
  • From: "Douglas Kosovic" <douglask@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 20:00:00 +1000
Hi Adrian,

Am Dienstag, 24. Februar 2009 14:14:33 schrieb Douglas Kosovic:
Hi,

With the Fedora:10 (and earlier) and CentOS:CentOS-5 project
configurations, *.pyc and *.pyo files aren't being generated because
brp-python-bytecompile isn't being invoked for RPMs that contain *.py
files.

Does this mean it works with RHEL ?

It'll be the same with RHEL as CentOS.

When you use the built RPMs, SElinux will give noisy warnings if
python tries to access or create non-existing foo.pyc & foo.pyo for a
packaged foo.py.

For a local build service I setup, I added the following to the
corresponding local project configurations:

Required: python redhat-rpm-config

and brp-python-bytecompile is now being invoked (note: adding
redhat-rpm-config by itself wasn't sufficient).

I'm wondering if the redhat-rpm-config package ommision is
intentional or just an oversight?

You need to ask redhat for this ;)

I was only building Python RPMs and thought all was okay with adding the
redhat-rpm-config package, unfortunately with the RPMs where a debuginfo RPM
gets generated, there is a clash between the %debug_package macro defined in
/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/macros and %suse_insert_debug_package which (I mentioned in
a subsequent email) results in :

----
+ exec rpmbuild -ba --define '_srcdefattr (-,root,root)' --define
'disturl srcrep:230053adaa1cb7e4637498aabaf6a607-AccessGrid-QuickBridge'
--eval %suse_insert_debug_package
/usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/AccessGrid-QuickBridge.spec
error: Package already exists: %package debuginfo
----

I then thought the workaround might be to set the %debug_package macro to
%{nil} in the Fedora/RHEL/CentOS project config files, but that doesn't work.
So I'm not sure what the correct approach would be. I'm still thinking about it.

However, I have fixed this missing dependency in the projects with a

Substitute: python python redhat-rpm-config

line in the project config.

Cheers,
Doug