Re: [opensuse-buildservice] brp-python-bytecompile not being invoked
  • From: Douglas Kosovic <douglask@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 23:39:50 +1000
I found out why redhat-rpm-config isn't added as a requirement, it contains rpm-build macros which can cause issues like the following for non-noarch RPMs:

----
+ exec rpmbuild -ba --define '_srcdefattr (-,root,root)' --define 'disturl srcrep:230053adaa1cb7e4637498aabaf6a607-AccessGrid-QuickBridge'
--eval %suse_insert_debug_package /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/AccessGrid-QuickBridge.spec
error: Package already exists: %package debuginfo
----

Doug

Douglas Kosovic wrote:
Hi,

With the Fedora:10 (and earlier) and CentOS:CentOS-5 project configurations, *.pyc and *.pyo files aren't being generated because brp-python-bytecompile isn't being invoked for RPMs that contain *.py files.

When you use the built RPMs, SElinux will gives noisy warnings if python tries to to access or create non-existing foo.pyc & foo.pyo for a packaged foo.py.

For a local build service I setup, I added the following to the corresponding local project configurations:

Required: python redhat-rpm-config

and brp-python-bytecompile is now being invoked (note: adding redhat-rpm-config by itself wasn't sufficient).

I'm wondering if the redhat-rpm-config package ommision is intentional or just an oversight?

Thanks,
Doug