Re: [opensuse-buildservice] inject local rpm data for buildinfo calculation
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:51:12 +0100
Am Montag, 23. Februar 2009 01:54:12 schrieb Marcus Hüwe:
Hi,

I wrote a small patch to inject rpm/deb/whatever data to the buildinfo
calculation. This means one can collect the rpm/deb provides and requires
of local packages and send them to the obs which uses them to calculate
the buildinfo for local builds.

cool stuff, the patch looks good to me as well. However, please wait for mls
judgement :)

bye
adrian

Usecase:
* you submitted a new package to the obs: before you can build a local
package which depends on this new package you have to wait until the obs
has built it (now you could simply do sth. like "osc build ... -p
/path/to/local/pkgs" and it'll directly start the local build).

How it works:
A client like osc collects the requires and provides of some local
packages, stores these information in a xml file and finally creates a cpio
archive which contains the xml + a spec/dsc file and sends it to the obs.
(Note: I decided to store the data in a xml because I didn't want to
introduce yet another metadata format - this results in less additional
code) Example xml:
<localdeps>
<package name="foobar" version="3.0.1" release="0" arch="i586">
<provides>foobar = 3.0.1-0</provides>
<requires>glibc</requires>
<requires>libfoo-devel >= 2.0</requires>
</package>
</localdeps>

Any feedback, corrections etc. are welcome:)
If there are no objections I'll commit it within the next few days.

Marcus

SUSE Linux Products GmbH