Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Expansion-Error on suse-macros
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:16:38 +0100
Christof Hanke <Biber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

due to my lazyness, I didn't read the instructions for KMP-packages
and fdupes correctly.

When I used the respective macros %fdupes and
%suse_kernel_module_package I got really weird errors (e.g. 'fg no job
control' for %fdupes), because the corresponding BuildRequires was not
in place.

Is it possible to integrate the suse-macros into the Expansion-check
so that the real error is made more obvious ?

The challenge is that you _might_ actually use job control in a build
script, and refer to background jobs with %1, %2.

This is very rare, though, and I agree it would be most helpfull to a
warning to "%" signs remaining in the spec file after macro expansion.

I'd also like to be able to suppress that warning, so I can easily say:
"_this_ % here is really what I want."

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5