Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Expansion-Error on suse-macros
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:14:54 +0100
Michal Marek napsal(a):
Christof Hanke napsal(a):
due to my lazyness, I didn't read the instructions for KMP-packages and
fdupes
correctly.
When I used the respective macros %fdupes and %suse_kernel_module_package I
got really weird errors (e.g. 'fg no job control' for %fdupes), because the
corresponding BuildRequires was not in place.
Is it possible to integrate the suse-macros into the Expansion-check so that
the real error is made more obvious ?

I fear it's hard to do it correctly. E.g. does this snippet require
fdupes.rpm or not?

That said, a cool feature would be a script that takes the failed build
log and tries to gues what went wrong, e.g. /fg: no job control/ =>
undefined macro. But not "I refuse to build your package because I think
you are using undefined macros" :-).

Michal