Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Plugins in /var
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:55:55 +0100
On 2/10/2009 at 3:47 PM, Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx> wrote:
can somebody please tell me, why osc plugins are placed in /var? I
believe they should be placed in /usr if osc wants to conform FHS.

If it's /var, then because it was meant for plugins locally added.
For packaged plugins, /usr is better, I agree.

I think even manually added plugins would not belong to /var, but if different
to /usr/local

/var is defined as a storage space with write access for applications and it's
users. Something which is probably not true for a big part of the
plugins.. they should not modify them self.

Dominique