Re: [opensuse-buildservice] History of _link'ed projects?
  • From: Peter Poeml <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 15:36:58 +0100
Hi Lars,

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 02:02:28PM +0100, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
I wanted to generate the changes of project which links to another.

But iterate through the history with osc -r fails; it generates only the
diff. -e doesn't work in combination with -r.

It seems the link is not generated against a specific version of the
source project, and so that information is not archived, and osc
doesn't know which version of the source project to retrieve.

I think links *can* be against a version, but they are normally not.
They are not in order to track the link target. But an additional
version= attribute is possible. However, it would be needed to add it to
the _link file, and commit the change, to actually make the link apply
to that revision, and being able to check it out.

(Doing something like that has helped me to (help somebody else to)
revocer from a "broken link" situation.)

Not sure if the attribute was called 'version', it could also be 'rev'.

That strikes me as rather bad, because it means bi-secting for _link
projects essentially doesn't work at all right now.

Would it not be acceptable if osc -r -e expanded the link against the
version of the source project which was current at that time? (After
all, that's what it would have build against.)

I'm not sure at the moment if this is possible. Would be nice though.

Of course, this would miss rebuilds/changes which were triggered because
of changes in the source project, as there's no combined history. Any
idea how to solve this?

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development