[opensuse-buildservice] Different build behaviour for Factory
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:03:01 +0100

Hello,

A significant change, how we build openSUSE:Factory and all repos building
against it have just made effective.

This change has the effect that we will not publish packages anymore when they
have effective not changed. So it should be way more comfortable to follow up
Factory.

The same message, a bit more verbose can be found here:

http://news.opensuse.org/2009/02/05/more-efficient-factory-development/

However, this is new stuff, so we might have introduced new problems, even
though we hope to have implemented this on the save side. But early in the
Alpha phase of 11.2 is a good point of time to test this :)

We may activate this compare check also in 11.1 and before builds later, but
lets first look how good it works for factory :)

Some more detailed information for our build service experts:

You can see a code="unchanged" in the repository build history when a
successfull build produced an unchanged result. Note, this is not "buildhist"
of the package like you get with "osc buildhist". You can only request this
with

curl -n http://api../build/$project/$repo/$arch/_jobhistory

so far.

The script, which is doing the compare is inside the "build-compare" package.

Changes which happens in source rpms only are ignored for now. In this way
nothing new gets published when you add distro specific changes (like adding
%if %suse_version > 1110)

Enforcing to publish a new build can be done by "wipebinaries". So no old
version is there to be compared to.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH