Re: [opensuse-buildservice] 1.5 RC 2 release
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:29:36 +0100
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Hi,

finally, later than expected, but now we have another Build Service 1.5 rc
release.
All important fixes, esp from backend and build script code have been
backported.

Special thanks to Martin Mohring fixing our init script fixes again !

We have new tar balls at

http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Special:Downloads/opensuse/1.5

and new packages in openSUSE:Tools project.

Please note that you need also the new build.rpm or the scheduler will not be
able to start nor kiwi builds will really work within XEN.

We do still work on more examples to build images and products with OBS. My
hope is that we can do the release on FOSDEM.

have fun !
adrian

Hi,

I also want to mention next to that I am not only Adrians "watchdog" for
the init scripts, but also that we had enhanced our collection of
supported distros for ARM architecture to Debian, Fedora and Ubuntu of
all sort of revisions.

Also, Jan Simon got the maemo SDK for the Nokia N810 phone running
inside OBS now. blog here:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/01/27/build-maemo-apps-with-opensuse-buildservice-it-works/

OBS 1.5 gets a great release.

Cheers, Martin