Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to use %debug_package
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:02:31 +0100
Hi!

Am Dienstag 27 Januar 2009 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
2009/1/26 Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi!

Trying to be prepare some packages for contrib I stumbeled upon the
problem of stripping the package of its debug information. Now I learned
that install- strip is not the way to go, as it will make it impossible
to debug the application, and I should use %debug_packges, as that will
create a "-debug" package with the stripped information.

Having added a line "%debug_package" to the spec-file now gives me a
strip package without using install-strip. It won't give me a
"-debug"-package so, caused by the following problem printed by osc-out.

Preparing packages for installation...
vorbisgain-debuginfo-0.34-8
vorbisgain-debugsource-0.34-8
vorbisgain-0.34-8
... running 01-check-debuginfo
... testing for empty debuginfo packages
!
! vorbisgain-debugsource-0.34-8.x86_64.rpm: no debug sources, deleting
package
! vorbisgain-debuginfo-0.34-8.x86_64.rpm: WARNING: this probably means
the debug information is invalid
!

Compare "osc meta prj home:TheMarix" and "osc meta prj
openSUSE:Factory:Contrib" outputs.
Contrib has a:
<debuginfo>
<enable/>
</debuginfo>

After adding it the BS will add %debug_package automatically to your
package. If you add %debug_package yourself the package will fail to
build in Contrib because of a duplicate -debug* package (or that was
the behavior last time I checked).

Thanks, this in combination with updating my osc from openSUSE 11.1 to Tools
worked.

Then I think you need to add "-g" to the build flags. The vorbisgain
makefile doesn't seems to add it and I'm not sure if the BS will add
it automatically when you add <debuginfo> (if doesn't, probably it
should?).

In the up to date build client it will add "-g" automatically. With the one
contained in 11.1 release it won't pay attention to the

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke
< Previous Next >