Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Vendor string in packages
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 10:31:30 +0100
On Freitag 23 Januar 2009 09:39:45 Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
Hi List,

The Vendor string in the packages built on OBS (also own installations)
always points to openSUSE Build Service. I tried to play with Macros in the
Project Configuration (%vendor and alike) but I seem not to have caught the
one that actually changes the vendor. So I ended up changing the string in
the source of OBS directly.

Of course this is terrible, as past proves I tend to forget to re-patch it
after an upgrade, ending up with a 'wrong' repository.

Is there a way that this could be defined in the Project Config?
From a source point of view I think it would be even better if this string
could be moved to the BSConfig.pm (more obvious to find to change it).

Comments and tips are welcome ;)

There is no clean way yet. A patch would be welcome :)

You need to patch the bs_srcserver at the lines 1500 and following. Some
setting from the project config and/or via BSConfig.pm would be prefered.

bye
adrian