Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS: Who uses Download on Demand or Cross Build - small survey
  • From: Peter Czanik <pczanik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 07:54:37 +0100
Hello,

Martin Mohring írta:
adrian.crutchfield@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Yes

I'm actually working to get Base:build packages built for ARM.

What challenges as of yet did you run into?

We have already discussed the performance accelerator, because OBS with
QEMU is quite slow (factor 4-8 slowdown ca. in average).
We have already two solutions for this in the backhand.

Wow! Does this mean, than an ARM port of openSUSE is under way?
Is there any way to run OBS natively on ARM? With a faster ARM board it
might outperform QEMU.
Bye,
CzP