Re: [opensuse-buildservice] template library
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 09:16:19 +0100
On Montag 19 Januar 2009 23:25:14 Tomáš Čech wrote:
Hi,

I'm occasionally using OBS and it is great. I have not much time for that
so don't blame me if I'm completely wrong.
I was thinking about some package template support and library of such
templates. With such feature adding packages should be easier and more
correct.
For example I want to add KDE4 Plasmoid. I would just select appropriate
template in library, add sources and easily add missing package specific
dependencies.
Similar templates can be done for Xwindows application, KDE3, KDE4, GNOME,
special plugins etc.
If I think it further, that can be done quite easily without major
modification to current system. That template can be empty package from a
special project which can be copied into user's project. That means few
packagers would create and maintain several packages and it would be
checked by others.
In future it could store only diffs and could be changed massively.

Thanks for reading down here

Yes, there was even attempt to implent this. You can find the source in

https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice/src/template-
system

but it has not been continued since 2007.

Michael Marek works on a wizard system and he has considered templates also
AFAIK.

bye
adrian