Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OBS 1.5 Release Candidate
  • From: "Jon Nelson" <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 18:15:44 -0600
On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Martin Mohring
<martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am managaging the Development and Testing OBS package projects
openSUSE:Tools:Devel and openSUSE:Tools:Unstable

Jon Nelson wrote:
Susanne branched also the 1.5 tree last week in svn. This means development
in
trunk is open again, but important fixes should get backported. Please drop
me
a mail in addition, if you think they are important for the 1.5 Final
release
in January next year.

I'm curious if we will be getting another RC before the "Final"
release of 1.5 due this month, and also where the schedule for that
is.

So is there a schedule for when the next 'largely stable' release will
be available, even if it's another RC?

/srv/www/obs/frontend/script/import

That one appears to scan some files and add projects to the database.
Without manual futzing (which does not seem to work) I cannot
currently create or remove projects, I consistently get a 404. I did
not have this problem prior to the mid-December update.

OBS 1.6 is the next release. Since i build from svn trunk, I call the
versions 1.6 to differ it from the current or next to be released version.

I'm hoping for an RC or even a "beta" soon, so people can start noting
issues and so on. The last RC (mid December) brought some improvements
but certain operations still don't work for me.

--
Jon