Re: [opensuse-buildservice] is there still a ia64 build host?
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:09:50 +0100
Hi,

let me also say something about the status of testing wrt. to the list
of supported build architectures: we regularily test also if all that
works. But we do not have a tests system for all targets in the public
OBS, nor do we in the test system.

I, on my part, would be willing to put some worker nodes into our test
system, if we get such a system from a sponsor. We can even give limited
access to it (it is not a public OBS), if the sponsor whishes it (like a
PowerPC64, IA64 or the like). PowerPC support is currently not available
due to a missing Virtualization solution that works together with OBS
(not virtualization at all). The same is true also for the other targets
to be whished also in the public OBS. Virtulization is so to say a KO
kriterion, but not the only one.

The same is true for the already support Cross Build Targets in OBS now,
ARM beeing the first of them.

Martin