[opensuse-buildservice] new build hosts and instances
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 13:18:14 +0100

Hello,

I have upgraded all build hosts to openSUSE 11.1 based systems now and seems
to work quite well so far.

What does that mean ?

* The kernel, running during a build is now the XEN kernel from openSUSE 11.1
( it was the XEN kernel from SLES 10 SP 2 before ).

* loop devices exist in build instances, this allow kiwi system image building
, if it is permitted for a project.

* Mandriva 2009 builds should work now much better, since their glibc was
broken together with the older kernel.

Please report if you see unexpected changes.

As a small side effect, we have 32 more build instances due to the new build
hosts build24 and build25 :)

happy weekend
adrian