[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-packaging] RPMLINT Side updated
  • From: Dirk Müller <dmueller@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 23:46:31 +0100
On Thursday 08 January 2009, Sascha 'saigkill' Manns wrote:

I’m an new Packager in OpenSUSE BuildService, and i like this work. But
if i would like to package for Factory, RPMLINT gives me any Errors or
warnings. But these things to fix, are very difficult.

which of them do you consider difficult to fix? I can add documentation.

But yesterday i’ve found an Side, with other Errorcodes from RPMLINT.
Today i imported these Codes to our Wikiside

Thanks for adding those codes. I think we need to structure it a bit more,
into explanation and possible hints at how to solve the issue. It would also
be nice to seperate between those that are suse specific (and that I listed
before on that site) and those that are generic from upstream. Some of the
generic upstream ones are already suppressed for example as they do not apply
to opensuse. for example "no-packager-tag".

It is confusing to add them to the documentation IMHO.

Greetings,
Dirk