Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Colons considered harmful: escaping LD_LIBRARY_PATH in OBS projects
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 09:32:30 +0100
On Wednesday 07 of January 2009 14:39:35 Pavol Rusnak wrote:
Juergen Weigert wrote:
Yes, this is best for representing the structure in a filesystem.

I'm not really sure. Real-life example:

Project devel-tools contains cflow, dwarves, exmap packages. It also
contains subprojects devel:tools:building, devel:tools:compiler,
devel:tools:scm. If you checkout the whole tree, you'll end with this
structure:

/devel/tools/building
/devel/tools/cflow
/devel/tools/compiler
/devel/tools/dwarves
/devel/tools/exmap
/devel/tools/scm

Even if the policy (package name != subproject name) is not broken, it
is very hard to tell if compiler is subproject or package. You have to
go two levels deeper to tell that (dir/.osc).

I suppose maintainer of that project knows, what is a subproject of the
project (and I considered these large complicated subprojects structure in OBS
harmful too ;-)), so it's not a big problem in most of cases. Novice will have
to look at .osc, or we can write something like osc lsprojects, which lists
the projects from current directory.

Michal Vyskocil