Re: [opensuse-buildservice] regarding binaries (in /sbin) and libraries (in /usr or /opt)
  • From: "Jon Nelson" <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 14:35:09 -0600
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 12:51:37PM -0600, Jon Nelson wrote:
I get this error when trying to build a package.
===============
binary /sbin/mount.crypt is linked against libraries in /usr or /opt
libcrypto.so.0.9.8 => /usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.0.9.8 (0x00002ade84545000)

Please adjust the paths in your package

error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.73455 (%install)
===============

How do I work around this issue?

Install mount.crypt to /usr/sbin/

You have to set sbindir while configure or while calling make install.

I did that as a temporary workaround. However, does not mount require
mount helpers to be in /sbin? It seems as though the ability to turn
off certain checks manually would be very valuable - I *know* that
stuff in /bin and /sbin should not rely on programs in /usr, however,
to absolutely forbid it in the build service seems a bit heavy handed.
There is no way I can turn this off or override this particular check?

I am having a bear of a time debugging this very serious pam_mount
issue I am having with encrypted home directories (significant
corruption probability under 11.1 but not under 11.0 due to bugs in
pam_mount). The most recent version I can easily compile is 1.5 but
I'm going to try for 1.8 shortly.

--
Jon