Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Colons considered harmful: escaping LD_LIBRARY_PATH in OBS projects
  • From: Brandon Philips <brandon@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:55:25 -0800
On 18:22 Wed 07 Jan 2009, Pavol Rusnak wrote:
Brandon Philips wrote:
What type of problems?

I guess Michal is referring to decreased readability, e.g.

openSUSE.11.1.Contrib (openSUSE:11.1:Contrib)

In autobuild these version numbers were collapsed down to a numeric
string:

openSUSE111

That could be a solution. But, there are other projects using version
numbers: https://build.opensuse.org/project/list_all?projectsearch=.

Or we could start requiring cute codenames ;)
openSUSE.BeardedDragon.Contrib

home--miska-

--miska- is one of just three users that have - at the beginning or end.
Perhaps these users should be punished for their choice ;)

Besides home projects there are only 55 projects[1] that have dahses and
they look pretty reasonable with s/:/-/g

DISCONTINUED-SUSE-SL-10.1-NonFree
FATE-dbxml-2.4
GNOME-Evolution-sle11-unofficial
GNOME-test-updates
GNOME-test-updates-10.3
Java-jpackage-1.7
Java-jpackage-5.0
KDE-KDE4-Factory-Extra-Apps
KDE-KDE4-STABLE-Extra-Apps
KDE-KDE4-UNSTABLE-Extra-Apps
Kernel-linux-next
LSB-Spec-3.1
network-samba-tng
OpenSync-OpenSync-0.2x

Thoughts? Perhaps we should post this on another list to get more
feedback?

Cheers,

Brandon

[1] https://build.opensuse.org/project/list_all?projectsearch=-