Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Application category problem
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 01:08:34 +0100
Le samedi 03 janvier 2009, à 23:16 +0000, Matthew Smith a écrit :
Hi everyone,

I've been using the OSBS to build packages for my application, QTM, for
several months. I have been able to build packages for Fedora 8 to 10
and OpenSUSE 10.2 to 11.0. With v11.1, it failed to produce packages,
citing the lack of X-SuSE-translate (easily rectified) and insufficient
categories.

The problem is that the choice of categories don't include one which
fits my application: it's a desktop client for a content management
system, a bit like Ecto or w.Bloggar. I have used WebDevelopment, but I
don't think even that fits. Is it possible to use Network;Other?
Perhaps a new category of Network;Blog should be set up.

If you want to propose a new category for the menu specification, you
should mail the xdg mailing list on freedesktop.org. Maybe you could
look at what similar applications are doing?

(AFAIK, "Other" is not a registered category either)

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.