Re: [opensuse-buildservice] built: kernelmodule for broadcom 802.11 STA driver
  • From: Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 15:23:52 +0000
Hi Dominique,
A pity, this driver will probably be removed soon from the servers again...

yes, what a pity.
The license from the Makefile is everything else than clear: this is GPL and
just a few sentences down 'this is unpublished proprietary software'...
they should decide on that.

I would be looking forward to help out for this driver (personal interest, as
I have a bcm4328 in my notebook.. and ndiswrapper suxx)

Isn't there a possibilty to force user to accept license before using ?
ubuntu 8.10 does have something similar. It points out having a
"proprietary" driver and asks user to "activate" this driver. Good idea.

And if I do not publish, just build ?
And publish it on my website ? What do you think about that ?
Dominique

Chris