Re: [opensuse-buildservice] .desktop checing for repository openSuSE 11.1
  • From: Carsten Gerlach <daswaldhorn@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:04:11 +0100
Hi,

Am Freitag 19. Dezember 2008 3:13:43 pm schrieb mrdocs:
On Friday 19 December 2008 01:25:37 pm Vincent Untz wrote:
Le vendredi 19 décembre 2008, à 12:02 +0000, Kevin James a écrit :
Hi all,

Does anyone know if there's any documentation on any changes to
the .desktop file format in 11.1? I have an RPM that builds fine in the
Build Service for target openSuSE 11.0, but I'm getting these errors
for target openSuSE 11.1:
ERROR: No sufficient Category
definition:
/var/tmp/btnx-config-0.4.9-build//usr/share/applications/btnx-config.de
sktop

This can be fixed by desktop-file-validate btnx-config.desk.

desktop-file-utils is the package which has this tool.

Fix whatever it complains about and then re-add the .desktop file to your
sources on OBS

I have the same problem with this error for OpenSuse 11.1. I
used "desktop-file-validate nted.desktop" on my local machine and got three
warnings:

nted.desktop: warning: key "Encoding" in group "Desktop Entry" is deprecated
nted.desktop: warning: value "nted.png" for key "Icon" in group "Desktop
Entry" is an icon name with an extension, but there should be no extension as
described in the Icon Theme Specification if the value is not an absolute
path
nted.desktop: warning: value "GNOME;Application;AudioVideo;" for
key "Categories" in group "Desktop Entry" contains a deprecated
value "Application"

So I deleted the Encoding line, the extension of the icon and the
value "Application". Now I get no warnings of desktop-file-validate on my
machine.

But on OBS I get the above mentioned error again with this changes in this
file:

ERROR: No sufficient Category
definition: /var/tmp/nted-1.4.17-build//usr/share/applications/nted.desktop
Errors in installed desktop file detected. Please mail stbinner@xxxxxxx, if
you think this is wrong.
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.1802 (%install)

What did I wrong here? And how do I use "desktop-file-validate" in the spec
file of OBS?

Thank you for any hint.

Greetings, Carsten

PS: My project is
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Adaswaldhorn

--
Hier ist mein öffentlicher GPG-Schlüssel:
http://daswaldhorn.funpic.de/gpg.html