Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Colons considered harmful: escaping LD_LIBRARY_PATH in OBS projects
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:44:50 +0100
Michal Marek wrote:
My idea was that 'osc co home:a_jaeger:something' would create
home_a_jaeger_something. If there would be a user "a" with project
home:a:jaeger:something and you would want to checkout his project, then
you would have to chose a different directory name. Would that work?

I did a little investigation about using special chars in OBS projects.
Mine observation:

':' - 6940 times (obviously)
'_' - 3361 (probably not a good candidate either)
'-' - 349
'.' - 107
'+' - 3

The following group of delimiters is unusable, because of the above or
the shell expansion:

!"$%&'()*/:;<>?[\]+-.`

This leaves us with the following set:

# = ^ @ ,

First three (# = ^) could be a part of the e-mail address (thus also
Novell account) and @ is used as user@host separator, so using it could
be confusing.

So from my point of view - comma is the winner! :D (and it is also
pretty readable too)

(PS: Do not take this "research" so seriously ...)

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
Package Maintainer Lihovarska 1060/12