Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Colons considered harmful: escaping LD_LIBRARY_PATH in OBS projects
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 12:01:18 +0100
Andreas Jaeger napsal(a):
Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx> writes:

Michal Vyskocil napsal(a):
On Thursday 18 of December 2008 13:24:18 Michal Marek wrote:
Another, rather cheap solution, would be an option in the osc client to
replace the colon with a dash or underscore or something (and let the
^^^^^^^
user decide what to do when there is a conflict). Because it's really
only in osc checkouts where the colon causes problems.
I'm not sure if is possible to secure replace the : with another character.
Are there some constraints on project name? What in case if user will have
home:user:foo_project and home:user:foo:project?
It would be his problem then :).

My login is "a_jaeger" - hope that will not cause problems with
home:a_jaeger:something if we got this road - otherwise, we have a
showstopper,

My idea was that 'osc co home:a_jaeger:something' would create
home_a_jaeger_something. If there would be a user "a" with project
home:a:jaeger:something and you would want to checkout his project, then
you would have to chose a different directory name. Would that work?

Michal