Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Colons considered harmful: escaping LD_LIBRARY_PATH in OBS projects
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 20:17:34 +0100
Brandon Philips napsal(a):
On 13:24 Thu 18 Dec 2008, Michal Marek wrote:
Because it's really only in osc checkouts where the colon causes
problems.

I am not convinced that this is the only place this is causing problems.

One example are the repo URLs where the colon characters are used as
seperators for directories and there is server magic needed to translate
from unslashed to slashed versions...

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization:OpenVZ:kernel-2.6.26/openSUSE_Factory/

directs to

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization:/OpenVZ:/kernel-2.6.26/openSUSE_Factory/

The download server adds slashes, so that mirrors can easily skip e.g.
the home: namespace. I guess the download server would work perfectly
fine with urls like
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization:OpenVZ:kernel-2.6.26/openSUSE_Factory/
but less mirrors would be willing to mirror the buildservice.

Are we going to add more server magic to translate from the dashed
version of osc too?

e.g.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Virtualization-OpenVZ-kernel-2.6.26/openSUSE_Factory/

Why?