Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build against local obs instance, remoteurl'ed repos
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 14:37:45 +0100
Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 12/17/2008 at 2:20 PM, "Jan-Simon Möller" <dl9pf@xxxxxx> wrote:

Am Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2008 14:10:43 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:

Hi everybody...

This might be a tricky one, and I hope I'll be able to explain what I try
to do and what fails. Maybe it's a mistake from my side (can't be ruled
out), maybe a missing feature, maybe a bug. The goal is to figure this out
and in the last two cases create a bugreport and in the first case train
the error between chair and keyboard (me).

Situation:
- Local install of OBS (upgraded to 1.5rc1 as of this morning).
- One Project in my OBS (projectX)
- projectX has this in the prj meta data:
<repository name="11.1">
<path repository="standard" project="openSUSE.org:openSUSE:11.1"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>

openSUSE.org is, supposedly, remoteurl'ing build.o.o (you guessed that).

Building packages like this works fine (and rocks!) if I check them in and
let BS deal with it. BUT:
if I use
#> losc co proxectX packageY
(losc is an alias on my system to osc -A http://127.0.42.2)
and then
#> osc build 11.1 i586 packageX.spec
I get the following error:
Building packageX.spec for 11.1/i586
Getting buildinfo from server
BuildService API error: buildinfo for package aaa_base/i586/None is
incomplete

So there seems still to be something missing :(

Interesting issue ! So the remoteurl pkgs buildinfo is not available for
osc.
Good catch.
Btw you could try how the new download-on-demand feature behaves in this
use-case !

Jan-Simon,

Do you have some more information about this new feature? What's it supposed
to do and how does it work? how to 'enable' it?
(I'm just lazy reading at the moment... )

Download on Demand is in fact tested with Cross Build and with local
build and works.

I can post an example project .xml for Download on Demand. Tell us what
Distro you have in mind. I have nearly all Fedora and openSUSE Distro
locally in my OBS via Download on Demand.

If you want Factory or openSUSE 11.1, you need a last minute patch for
Download on Demand because createrepo consumes too much memory
(currently 9GB RAM), our collegues have switched off rpmmd meta data
generation for openSUSE 11.1 and Factory.

Martin