[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-contrib] Czech Packagers Team - Contrib repository notes
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 14:52:15 +0100
On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 05:58:46PM +0100, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:
On po 8. prosince 2008, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hi,

Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Mon, Dec 08, 2008 at 04:01:30PM +0100, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:
According to the wiki page, the only open issues are security fixes and
updates. Marcus, could you please look at

http://en.opensuse.org/Contrib
and
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2008-11/msg00410.html

and comment on it?

First, you should perhaps just start doing stuff there and see how it
works out.... Second

[...]

I think the question to you is rather about how to ensure that we know
about security problems and such. So how would we best do the work you
guys do for the Contrib repo?

Yes, this is the main question.

The handling is pretty easy. Just submit a patch to the packages in the
<version>:Contrib repo and patch/newer version to Factory:Contrib. Like
you said.

Still, there is a questions how to handle non-public bugs (if we have any
chance to know about them)

We would assign them to you a potential bugzilla list alias they become public.

Ciao, Marcus