[opensuse-buildservice] dh_testdir: debian/control has a duplicate entry
  • From: Alexander Shaduri <ashaduri@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:13:44 +0400

Hello,

I'm building debian and ubuntu packages on build.opensuse.org, and I have a
problem.

The thing is, if the source tarball contains a "debian" directory, the build
fails with
dh_testdir: debian/control has a duplicate entry for gsmartcontrol
make: *** [clean] Error 1

If there's no "debian" directory in the source tarball, everything builds just
fine.
There are no duplicate entries in any of the control files, and changing the
tarball
contents is not really an option. The debian.control files in the project
directory
are needed to specify different rules for different distributions.

You can check my OBS project at
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=gsmartcontrol&project=home%3Aalex_sh
(Novell login required).

The files in question are - gsmartcontrol-0.8.1.tar.bz2 (no debian directory),
gsmartcontrol-0.8.2.tar.bz2 (contains debian directory).

Thanks,
Alexander

P.S. I posted this on opensuse forums a few days ago, but got no replies so far,
so I thought I'd try posting here. Sorry if this is violates any rules.