[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse-contrib] Czech Packagers Team - Contrib repository notes
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 20:01:45 +0200
Hi All !

I'm the creator of contrib but since I'm working on other, non-related
things, I have basically have little time to maintain contrib
actively, and the project came to halt. I may go back to contribute
actively eventually, but there is no timeline - so don't count on it.
I have proposed myself to include a few packages, but after a review
we decided to drop them. We - means me and other reviewers.

We have a two layered system here: (Contrib) Reviewers and (Package)
Maintainers. Reviewers review packages provided by maintainers and
maintain the whole repository, while maintainers maintain only
maintain their packages, propose new packages for review/inclusion.

* will be branched on each distribution release
(openSUSE:Factory:Contrib -> openSUSE:11.2:Contrib)
Yes I agree with this point of view.

Here is the home page of contrib:
http://www.opensuse.org/contrib

I think the real goal is the unification of both (Factory+Contrib),
like happened in Fedora (Core+Extras), but we are very far from it. So
Contrib is the step in the right direction.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"