Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Czech Packagers Team - openSUSE BuildService notes
  • From: "Archie Cobbs" <archie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 09:35:04 -0600
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 3:16 AM, Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
In our Czech Packagers Team we tried to identify the most important
problems in BuildService from the users' point of view. In this mail we
present our notes. Any suggestions are welcome!

Here's one idea to start with: on the search page, have a checkbox labeled
"Include user home projects in search" which defaults to OFF.

Then at least you have one level of separation (between "official" and home
projects) that is clear to both developers and users. And developers will be
motivated to move their generally useful packages into an "official" project
by the fact that the default checkbox is OFF.

-Archie

--
Archie L. Cobbs