Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Czech Packagers Team - Contrib repository notes
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 15:50:15 +0100
Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Vladimir Nadvornik schrieb:
There really is no need to iterate over the same point over and over and
over again. Every repo lives and dies with its packagers. There is no
one interested in packaging for Contrib. Everybody says its a good idea
and that somebody should do it but apparently nobody does.

The originally proposed idea - move selected packages from factory to
contrib - should help with this problem. It won't bring any really new
packages (at least in the beginning), but it can improve the Contrib
importance and visibility and help to establish the processes.

How about going through the list of dropped packages since 10.3 or 11.0?
Probably there are candidates (I know there is at least one I really
want to see in Contrib) before dropping even more from Factory ;-)

I suggest: Just start with some - e.g. 10 random - packages and get
CONTRIB rolling. We can easily add more but we need to start,

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany