Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Czech Packagers Team - Contrib repository notes
  • From: Vladimir Nadvornik <nadvornik@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:43:17 +0100
On po 8. prosince 2008, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Hi,

Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx> writes:
On Monday 08 of December 2008 11:32:14 Andreas Jaeger wrote:

As I see, the biggest problem with Contrib is simple. There's nobody
who really works on it. In the beginning it was Michal Marek who was
really active, but nowadays he changed his position and is busy the
activity stopped.

Maybe Pascal Bleser can do that or somebody of Interested peoples
listed in [1] or someone completely new. I don't believe that Contrib
can works without someone who will be really interested.

So, how can we change this?

Problem: There is work to be done
Solution: Someone needs to work on it

Apparently no one has any real interest in doing it. Otherwise someone
would step up.

There really is no need to iterate over the same point over and over and
over again. Every repo lives and dies with its packagers. There is no
one interested in packaging for Contrib. Everybody says its a good idea
and that somebody should do it but apparently nobody does.

The originally proposed idea - move selected packages from factory to
contrib - should help with this problem. It won't bring any really new
packages (at least in the beginning), but it can improve the Contrib
importance and visibility and help to establish the processes.

Vladimir