Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE 10.2 dropped from BS
  • From: Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 14:23:29 +0100
Hi,

Dominique Leuenberger schrieb:
Hi,

It seems all the openSUSE 10.2 repositories were dropped from the
BuildService.
Whereas I know that the support ceased 5 days ago, I think it's rather
harsh to just drop it from the BS as well such short-termed.

Additionally: was there an announcement that the repos from BS will be
dropped as well? stopping 'support' for an OS is not equal to stopping
'users and devs from building packages for it'.

I'm absolutely in favor of not keeping 10.2 in forever... also the
early drop is not an issue... but I think communication was (or I missed
it on the normal channels, this being the announce and/or buildservice
mailinglist for me).

Yeah, it came a bit suprising again. Even if there was an announcement I
already forgot about it again.
But looking at the status page in OBS:
"openSUSE:10.2* project and all belonging repos removed. It is as usual
still accessable beyond the DISCONTINUED: name space."

So it seems you should be able to add the base project from DISCONTINUED
and build against 10.2 again.

Wolfgang