[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE 10.2 dropped from BS
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 13:48:09 +0100
Hi,

It seems all the openSUSE 10.2 repositories were dropped from the
BuildService.
Whereas I know that the support ceased 5 days ago, I think it's rather
harsh to just drop it from the BS as well such short-termed.

Additionally: was there an announcement that the repos from BS will be
dropped as well? stopping 'support' for an OS is not equal to stopping
'users and devs from building packages for it'.

I'm absolutely in favor of not keeping 10.2 in forever... also the
early drop is not an issue... but I think communication was (or I missed
it on the normal channels, this being the announce and/or buildservice
mailinglist for me).

Dominique