Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Using keyring for storing passwords
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:56:44 +0100
On 12/4/2008 at 12:54 PM, Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx> wrote:
First thanks for your patch but I'm a bit hesitant to add a gnome
dependency
to osc (although it's optional). What about if we simply store the
password
base64 encoded in the ~/.oscrc file? Wouldn't this be sufficient?

BASE64 is as good as no encryption at all. Trying to obfuscate has
nothing to do with securing anything.
The patch looks like it takes quiet nicely care of skipping in case
it's not available... maybe it can be extended with a configure
parameter, if it should try to be used at all:
use-gkm: 1
in ~/.oscrc

Dominique