Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Using keyring for storing passwords
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:54:03 +0100
Hi,

On 2008-12-04 10:56:51 +0100, Michal Čihař wrote:
Hi all

as I really don't like idea of storing clear text passwords, I hacked
support for GNOME Keyring in osc (see attached patch). If keyring is
available, login credentials are stored and read from keyring and it
stores them in a secure way. Is there a chance to get such change
merged?

First thanks for your patch but I'm a bit hesitant to add a gnome dependency
to osc (although it's optional). What about if we simply store the password
base64 encoded in the ~/.oscrc file? Wouldn't this be sufficient?

Marcus