[opensuse-buildservice] project dependencies
  • From: Susanne Oberhauser <froh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 10:51:56 +0100
Hi folks,

I was just bitten again by project dependencies:

openSUSE:Tools depends on ruby to get more current packages than what
we had on sle10.

I don't want to copy in the packages fromt heruby project and I don't
want to sourcelink them. I instead want the ruby project to 'know'
that there are other projects depending on it, so they get a message
if they try to disable the sle10 project repo.

And what I actually want is to design and document a best practice how
projetcs should interact in the software integration process, how
project releases are done, so you can rely on another project without
copying or linking it's base packages in.

S.

--
Susanne Oberhauser +49-911-74053-574 SUSE -- a Novell Business
OPS Engineering Maxfeldstraße 5