Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 1.5 Beta 1 release
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 19:10:26 +0100
Hi,

one last minutes fix has been worked in since last weeks packaging. We had
discussed in the mail:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice/2008-11/msg00254.html that
Fedora 10 is causing an error in the build script.

This has been fixed in some new developer packages inside
openSUSE:Tools:Devel:
- obs-all-svn: containing all obs pkgs in one project
- build-svn: containing only "build script"

We have tested Fedora 10 with the new Download on Demand feature quite quick.

Sorry for the annoyance, if you wanted to build for Fedora 10 targets with your
local OBS.

So consider this as fixed for final release.

Martin

Adrian Schröter wrote:
We are happy to announce the Beta 1 of the openSUSE Build Service Version 1.5
release !

The major features of this release are:
=======================================

* Product Building Support:
This is biggest part and allows us to create all products, including
openSUSE 11.1 and later SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 products with the
openSUSE Build Service.
It allows also easy Addon Product creation or customized live medias.
Documentation for this is currently written and will be available later.
Files which are used to describe and build products can be found
already in the "_product" packages in the openSUSE:Factory and openSUSE:11.1
projects.

This functionality is intended to be used for re-spin your own builds
of openSUSE !

* First Official Cross Architecture Build Support:
This is currently in experimental state. The support for this was
provided by 5e Datasoft and is also used for productive development by them.

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/CrossDevelopment

* A larger number of smaller features and bug fixes, including but not limited
to:
- Download permission handling
- Automatic download of binary packages
- scheduler speed up implementations
- build reason logging

Download Resources:
===================

Packages can get found as usually in the Build Service of opensuse.org itself:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools/

Source tar balls are published at the forge side:

http://developer.novell.com/wiki/index.php/Special:Downloads/opensuse/1.5

Open Issues:
============

* image building using osc is not correct working yet

We want to release a final 1.5 release still this year and are in good hope
be able to do so.

Special thanks go to following people for their contributions to this release:
* Marcus Hüwe
* Martin Mohring
* James Oakley the creation of the PyQt client (yabsc)
* Long Hong for the creation of the Eclipse Build Service plugin

In general, this mail is also Beta. If you think the mail about the final
release should contain some particular information, please drop me a mail :)