Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build service is borked - again
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:18:29 +0100
On Saturday 29 November 2008 10:40:03 wrote Vincent Untz:
Le vendredi 28 novembre 2008, à 15:19 +0100, Adrian Schröter a écrit :
You may should consider to use "osc build" more often. We have often
enough multiple thousands packages to be build, waiting for them will
quite often not work (and this is independend of any kind of
maintenance).

FWIW, I usually build stuff locally, but then, when I need to submit a
package to openSUSE:Factory, I prefer to wait that it also builds fine
on the build service (on all architectures) to make sure everything is
okay.

(I have an osc plugin that monitors the build so I don't have to wait
myself -- I let osc wait for me ;-))

Anyway, the wait time is generally okay -- it's only really long when a
rebuild just started for factory (at least for me).

Hm, this sounds like you poll the build service.

Do you know that you can configure notifications at
http://hermes.opensuse.org, so you do not need to wait/poll ?
You just get a mail for example, if it fails (or succeeds, depending on your
settings).

bye
adrian