Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Is it okay to commit about 30 horde rpms to server:php:applications
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 20:18:33 +0100
Hi,

Op Saturday 29 November 2008 19:42:29 schreef Andrew Joakimsen:
is it okay if I commit the following packages into the
server:php:applications repository on the build server?  This is about
30 small rpms, the biggest is one is 100K.

Are you 200% sure everything works well?

Yes, why not. It are just horde modules that are used by many other people.
openSUSE does not provide them yet as rpms.

Last time I tried to install horde from RPM is just didn't work.

Horde can be used in many ways. I use horde from openSUSE already for long
time and it just works fine.

Just curious..who supports this ultra split'ed horde ? where did you got
the idea  ?  are interdependecies correct ? Im afraid that doing this is
not a good idea.

If it works, why not? Can we not make an easy way to install all of
horde but at the same time allow us to pick which parts we want?

That's the way it is. If you for example install a kolab package it will pull
in all the horde_modules, due to the dependencies (assuming that you're using
a decent package manager, like zypper, smart, apt, and the like). If you
would install horde_cli it will only install the latter.

--
Richard