Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build service is borked - again
  • From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 14:51:50 +0100
On 2008-11-28T13:43:20, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The i586 scheduler has processed it meanwhile, I saw that it had more than
2000 medium events some hours ago (means that it has to recalculate 2000
project repositories due to changed packages). If you can provide a patch
which makes this faster, I am happy to apply. (small sidenote, a compiler
which compiles the entire distribution instantly would be also appricated :).

It is below 100 meanwhile, that means that should currently faster catch up.

There's also a weird issue when jobs have just finished (possibly
failed).

The logs shown then - for a couple of minutes - will refer to the N-1
build. (They essentially revert from the "live log" to the stored log, I
guess, and the copy is not immediate, while the status got updated
already.)

This can be very confusing while the sync is catching up, and noone can
tell me that copying a logfile takes a long time ;-)

Maybe the scheduler could be partitioned, so that it doesn't have to
process everything in one go? Maybe the sync could be partitioned too,
so that smaller increments are synced but the status is always correct?

Regards,
Lars