Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to disable rpm-lint checks?
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 09:26:10 +0100

Ralf,

On 11/27/2008 at 8:59 AM, Ralf Becker
<RalfBecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
eGroupware-gallery.noarch: E: wrong-script-interpreter (Badness:
533)
/usr/share/egroupware/gallery/gallery2/lib/tools/bin/makeManifest.pl
"/usr/local/bin/perl"

RPMLINT: E: BADNESS is 1770 - threshold exceeded. aborting the
build.

I know the message is absolutely correct, thought Gallery2 is an
external application we only package it with a small wrapper for
eGroupware. So I dont like patching their sources.

a) I would really suggest you to patch the paths correctly. I would
never suppose this to work, as I don't have /usr/local/bin/perl... the
entire /usr/local structure is meant for 'locally built / installed'
applications, not for package manager based ones.

b) if you really want to override the rpmlint check, you can create a
sourcefile .rpmlintrc. Closer details can be found at
http://en.opensuse.org/Packaging/RpmLint#Supressing_False_Positives

Hope this helps you,
Dominique