Re: [opensuse-buildservice] using own macros
  • From: Christopher Lang <christopher.lang@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 20:25:48 +0100

Werner,

assuming that you have your own, local build server, the project configuration
for a certain project is stored in the directory: /srv/obs/projects

The configuration is contained in the files ending with .conf. This file
includes information about the build system, packages to install etc. as well
as some macos, that you might want to define.

See:
http://de.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tipps_und_Tricks#Wie_ist_eine_Bauumgebung_definiert.3F

You can edit the project configuration (remotely) with the command:

osc meta prjconf Fedora\:8 -e

That will allow you to edit for example the Fedora 8 project configuration,
assuming you have a Project called Fedora:8.
Always use osc to edit, I think manual changes in the file will not work.
Usually the Editor is vi, so have some vi commands ready (can be changed with
the EDITOR shell variable I suppose).

Here are some macros that are defined at the end of this file. These macros
will be available in spec files to use:

Macros:
%opensuse_bs 1
%fedora_version 8
%_vendor redhat

#From fedora buildsys-macros package
%fedora 8
%dist .fc8
%fc8 1

The above osc command without the "-e" will just print the project
configuration to stdout.

Also helpful is:

osc help meta prjconf

For more details see: