Re: [opensuse-buildservice] using own macros
  • From: Martin Mohring <martin.mohring@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 19:12:15 +0100
Werner Flamme wrote:
Hi, I'm new to the build service and I still try to convince obs to
cooperate with me :-) - now I have a question about macros.

As a local user, I have a .rpmmacros file (including as a simple
sample "%packager Werner Flamme <werner.flamme@xxxxxx>"). In message
<20081111184033.GB7174@xxxxxxx> I read that macros have to be defined in
the project configuration file. Is this the file that is managed via
"osc meta prj -e"? If not, how do I modify the project configuration
file? Is it stored locally after an "osc co"?

Maybe this info is hidden somewhere in the Build Service web pages.
However, I did not find it, sorry.

It is stored with "meta prjconf". If you want to see useful examples,
try for example:
osc -A api.opensuse.org meta prjconf openSUSE:Factory or openSUSE:11.0 ...
They make use of macros. It might be that not all rpm constuctions like
%if and so on are working without problem. The parser might not be 100%
compatible with rpm macros, because this environment can also be used
for Debian distributions. Try e.g. osc -A api.opensuse.org meta prjconf
Debian:Etch .

Another way is to, you name it, put a package inside your project, which
sets the rpm macros.
I also used that technique successfully for "emulating" another distro
completely inside OBS.

Hope that helps

Martin