[opensuse-buildservice] Allowed licenses
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:19:26 +0100
Hi,

is it possible to have a project containing a non-free package (Java SUN) in
openSUSE Build Service? I'm asking because a new update of SUN JRE breaks
compatibility with Firefox 2, but some users would like to have an update 10.
So I'd like to create something like a Java:sun:Factory project with latest
available SUN JRE for older releases.

The binaries of Sun Java are released under the terms of - Operating System
Distributor License for Java version 1.1 [1] - and we are allowed to
redistribute of that package.

[1] http://download.java.net/dlj/jdk6/LICENSE

Regards
Michal Vyskocil