Re: [opensuse-buildservice] recursive project reference
  • From: John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:15:25 +0000
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 09:13:21 +0100, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

If I use a recursive project reference, is OBS smart enough to break a
loop, or will it explode?

Yes, it does break a loop. But it really hurts the scheduler and our logs.
And it does make absolut no sence to have a setup like this.

self
custom --> self
update --> self
repo ----> :Update repo

What that means is, my custom packages have highest priority, then
updates, then the main repo. And I want to bootstrap updates against
my custom packages.

How do you propose I achieve this without using recursive project