Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to use aggregate and merge updates?
  • From: John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:49:35 +0000
On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:21:36 +0100, Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
wrote:

It seems I can't aggregate my packages to the :Update repo, because
aggregate does not work if there is no update for a package.

Hmm why don't you build directly against the Update repo? You could
also build against openSUSE:XXX and openSUSE:XXX:Update.
I think there's no need to you an aggregate.

I want more from OBS than just building a few custom packages against
various repos.

My goal is to track a minimal subset of packages from a distribution
and merge the updates.

Base:build is similar to what I want, but it tracks factory, and I
don't want factory bugs. I want to track a stable distro, and I want
updates merged. And, I want to hack some packages the way I like.

So for 80% of packages I could use aggregate, and for 20% I could use
link. For aggregate, I want the updates automatically, I don't want
to search for them myself. But with link, I will review all changes
to any package I patched locally.

And I want to backport select packages from factory, on a special case
basis, where I believe no bugs will bite.

I just wonder why no one else has already done this. I suppose SLE is
similar, but I want to roll my own small subset of packages, and do it
my way.

--
Webmail for Dialup Users
http://www.isp2dial.com/freeaccounts.html