[opensuse-buildservice] How to use aggregate and merge updates?
  • From: John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:03:26 +0000
I built syslogd, first against openSUSE:11.0 repo, and second against
openSUSE:11.0:Update repo.

The build logs show that in the first case, libacl was taken from the
distribution version, and in the second case, from the newer version
in update.

The :Update repo says "Use this repository only if you need to compile
against incompatible update releases ... kmp modules." I think I also
read somewhere that non kernel packages are guaranteed compatible.

But what if I want to build against the updates anyway?

It seems I can't aggregate my packages to the :Update repo, because
aggregate does not work if there is no update for a package.

So what is the best approach for using aggregate and merging updates
into my project, so I can re-release it from time to time?

I also need to use link and patch some packages, so I don't think KIWI
is the right place to start.

--
Webmail for Dialup Users
http://www.isp2dial.com/freeaccounts.html