Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Minimal server
  • From: John Kelly <jak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 15:49:16 +0000
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:34:09 +0100, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

The tutorial mentions aggregate vs. link, but I could not see how to
link a whole project using the web client.

We have no complete project linking mechanismus yet.
We want it for the future, but we need also a better quota system to protect
us from getting DoS'd ;)

I tried using Base:build as a repo, as Jan-Simon suggested, and that
works. But if factory is also built on Base:build, it seems the base
packages will be constantly changing, as factory moves forward. I'm
not sure I want the inevitable regression bugs associated with that.

Biggest question here is, why do you want to compile or aggregate this at all
Wouldn't it be better just to collect the various packages with an imaging
system like kiwi ?

When I add packages beyond base build, I must patch spec files. For
instance, procmail and some others depend on postfix. I use sendmail.
The postfix dependency seems wrong, where should I file a bug?

But there are other cases which are not a bug, and I need to do things
differently than suse. Sendmail, for instance, depends on openldap,
which I do not use or want. So I have to patch the spec file to do it
my way.

--
Webmail for Dialup Users
http://www.isp2dial.com/freeaccounts.html